Monday, October 16, 2017

GOOD MONDAY MORNING

Good Monday all . today I have a great book for you all . If you like mysteries and detective novels this would be a good one to read . SACRIFICE OF INNOCENCE by Allison Cosgrove


                            BOOK BLURB 


     A cult has been killing children for its rituals and only one cop knows who they are. Detective Stan Brookshire knows but his past keeps people from believing in him. Can he rise above the stigma that shrouds his past and stop a cult from taking yet another innocent child from her mother’s arms before it’s too late?

                             MY REVIEW 
    I was intrigued when I found this book. I love a really good detective book so I took the chance and man I am so glad I did . This book had me hooked from the very first chapter . I mean who doesn't like a good crime novel where there is a cult and a detective they want gone and do everything in their power it disgrace him. Stan Brookshire is out to figure out what is happening , after 4 children are abducted and murdered. The task force is set up to figure out what is happening . Will Stan and the rest of the team figure out who is doing the killing and will they save the last girl kidnapped 
   I adored the characters in this book they are well written and complex . Stan is your average guy , has his demons and works too hard . He is you basic battle scarred police officer but he can do his job and do it well.  You see how he works when he is trying to figure everything out . He is such a good guy and you will cheer for him as he starts to put the pieces together . Jane is his straightforward no nonsense partner . She is the calm for his crazy and keeps him going . She is strong and sensible . I really liked her , she keeps everyone calm and doesn't believe half of what is going on even from the hospital . The rest of the characters are both good and evil , you have to keep your eyes out for the bad guys you can't believe who one of them is . They are so well written you will love them all 
    This book had me up all night reading , I couldn't put the book down . I needed to find out if everyone would come out ok. The author has a way of taking you to places you didn't think you would go . The story is complex and the characters are awesome.  The only thing I wish the author would of done is expand on the cult just a little bit more , give us a little bit of the history . Other then that this is a fast paced book that will keep you reading all night long . So if you like detective thrillers check it out , I am headed off to get book two . So check it out .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment