Thursday, January 7, 2016

NEW YEAR AND NEW POSTS

Now that we are seven days into the new year, I have decided that I am going to change things up a bit. I am a graphic novel junkie and have been reading them for a couple of years now. I have realized that no one does blog reviews on them . Well I am going to change that this year. I am going to do a blog review on my favorite graphic novels twice a month. So in keeping with my new year's resolution I bring you my first graphic novel review . HOWARD THE DUCK( what the duck) by Chip Zdarsky and illustrator John Quinnos

                            BOOK BLURB
Collects Howard the Duck (2015) #1-5.

Howard the Duck is back! Join the foul-mouthed fowl, trapped in a world he never made (but has grown accustomed to) as he takes on weird cases that only a talking duck can crack — as the Marvel Universe’s resident private investigator! Howard’s first case begins with the Black Cat but soon goes cosmic, landing him in the Collector’s clutches! But he’s not alone — Rocket Raccoon is a prisoner, as well! Can these two anthropomorphic animals turn the tables and break free? Well, yeah. Plus: Howard investigates a a senior citizens crime spree, teams up with Doctor Strange for some magical antics and learns a lot about new friend Tara Tam, because communication is key. Plus: a SECRET WARS tie-in! Sort of.

                           MY REVIEW
  I got this novel for a Christmas from a good friend of mine , I actually didn't even realize that they kept Howard going in graphic novel form . I was so surprised and happy .  Howard was first introduced in 1973 and he became a loud mouth crazy duck , getting into all sorts of trouble. In this remaking of Howard , Marvel has revamped his series. We find him in his own world, that he must make his own . Taking help from some great Marvel characters along the way . This book actually encompasses 1-5 of the series .
   I absolutely love Howard in this book , he is the foul mouthed kick ass duck that I remember him as . He and his human traverses the marvel universe to get back a necklace . Where they meet everyone from Spiderman , rocky and the gang from guardians of the galaxy to the fantastic four with comical outcomes . The author makes the characters comes alive .
  Over all I loved this book and it is pure fun to read . If you are looking for a epic story , this is not the graphic novel for you . If you campiness and a cool fun read this is the book for you. This is a purely entertaining book . If you are looking for something to break up all the heavy graphic novels . This is the one for you . Come back and get reacquainted with the foul mouth alien duck that has stolen your heart . And I know you are singing the song from the movie .  

No comments:

Post a Comment