Monday, September 1, 2014

this is a special review today for all those parents with kids between 10 and 15

Welcome to holiday Monday. Happy Labor day out there to everyone. Today I am doing a special book. It is aimed for children between the ages of 10 to 14. Now I know you are probably wondering why a book geared for kids . Well even though I have no children of that age I know a lot of people that do. So when the author came to me, I jumped at the chance . Like I have said I am a non genre book blog. I do read almost anything. So here is my review of PAWS IN THE PIAZZA by Jerilyn McIntyre

BOOK BLURB

“Back home, I was content to be just an ordinary house cat.
I didn’t get out much.
But it’s different here in Venice.”
How different? Harley quickly finds out after his family arrives in Italy.
He takes up with a group of local cats who roam wild in the alleys and neighborhoods of Venice, and meets the mysterious Angela,
a beautiful white Angora who steals his heart.
Then he becomes embroiled in a fierce and ongoing war between his friends and a rival band of cats, and discovers the magical order that underlies life in the enchanting and historic city that is his new home.
 
 
MY REVIEW
 This is such a sweet book. You meet Harley the cat and his family. He was content on being a house cat until they moved to Venice. Where he stumbles along a group of alley cats that show him around and tell him all the customs of the city. That he is growing to love. They give him a lesson in cat history and how vital cats are in the city. He falls in love with a very pretty Angora cat she steals his cat heart. Then there is the rival gang of cats and the ongoing war between them.
 
The author may have wrote this book for children, I thoroughly enjoyed it . The way she describes Venice and the history are a great addition to the story line. Who knew that having a book that the main characters are cats would be enjoyable but it was. They take on a life of their own. The warring between the two rival cat gangs are daring they really don't want to think of Harley. But as he travels and meets a magical person and the love of his life. You feel like the author has taken you on a fun filled adventure. This book to me would be geared more to girls then boys . Or just anyone who loves cats and wants a sweet read. The book is a magical fun filled romp around Venice. You will smile as you read  this book. The book does have illustrations. But they only enhance the reading. So if you want a great read for your daughter and you love cats , check it out . Its a sweet magical book.

No comments:

Post a Comment