Friday, January 31, 2014

ok its friday woohooo

Well I made it to the end of the week and only had one cold melt down. If you want to know I did actually change out of my pjs and went to town for some supplies one evening, It felt great to actually be among people. Yes us farmers and ranchers do go through people withdrawl , even though we love our privacy . Sometimes we just need the noise of other people around to know that we aren't going stir crazy. I also broke down and bought some hair dye for my hair. I really need to cover the grey, So I guess I will be dying my hair this weekend and reading . Basically my life lately.
   Speaking of books, I took the advice from an author friend of mine and got one of her friends books. All I can say I was very happy I did. It was a very interesting book and reminded me that sometimes you just need a good book to read in one day.

BOOK BLURB
***2013 eFestival of Words Fantasy Novel Winner from USA Today Bestseller Tonya Kappes***

Bubble... Bubble...

June Heal has nothing to lose when she relocates her homeopathic cure shop, A Dose of Darla, from the flea market booth in her home town, to a quaint shop in the cozy but unusual little town of Whispering Falls, Kentucky. Or so it seems.

Cures and trouble...

Whispering Falls has a lot of secrets. From talking snow globes to whispering animals not to mention a few sprinkles of fairy dust, June realizes Whispering Falls is more magical than she thought. . .literally.

Magic stirs...

June discovers she was born into a family of psychics, and her homeopathic cures truly are magical. Unfortunately, they are not magical enough to save her from being the number one murder suspect when a member of the community that she had just had a disagreement with shows up face down in the lake with June’s lucky charm in the victim’s grasp.

And troubles double...

Add to that an attraction to her high school best friend, Sheriff Oscar Park and Mr. Prince Charming, her cat, is stealing charms from Belle’s Baubles, June is forced to clear her name in more ways than murder. After all, they don’t have cauldrons in jail.

A Charming Crime is book one of the bestselling Magical Cures Mystery series. Come walk around Whispering Falls for a fun, fantasy mystery with magic and romance. You won't want to leave.
 
MY REVIEW
 
  
I got this book because of a recommendation from an author friend of mine. I am very glad I did . Meet June a homeopath that runs a small business in locust grove. Where she hangs out with her best friend Oscar and her cast Mr. Prince Charming. She has a ding dong addiction. Hiding them everywhere . Her life was good until the day her shed blew up and a mysterious woman asks her to come to whispering falls. Where she finds out she is a spiritualist and accused of murder
All in one day . As she works on finding out about her family and try and catch a murderer , before she becomes the murderer's next victim. I don't think there is enough ding dongs to help out poor June.
I really liked this book , it has just the right amount of paranormal , and the just of suspense , with a touch of comedy in there for good measure. It's like a great combination when you are looking for a fun read. The characters are a handful and some are out right hilarious. I think Tonya could be my new favourite author, She can weave a good story . I feel like she is a dollop of Robyn Peterman and a dash of Rose Pressey, so if you like their books you will fall in love with Tonya . So please check it out and I don't think you will be disappointed. And by the way the book is free right now on Amazon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment